you read it right…
You can turn carrots into bacon! Thanks to Tik Tok for great recipe inspo. I wasn’t a believer until I tried it and now I am sharing with you how to make carrot bacon!
This bacon is great on top of pizza, in a wrap, on the side of eggs, as a snack, the list goes on. An air fryer will likely give you the best outcome, but today, we are doing this in the oven. Mainly because I don’t have an air fryer lol. Get ready! You’re going to want to keep carrots stocked in the fridge at all times for this recipe alone.
Thinly slice your carrots using a peeler or you can use a mandolin if you have one. After the carrots are sliced, go ahead and blend all the other ingredients together in a bowl. Liquid smoke is key here!
Now, let the carrots marinate. If you’re in a rush, 10-15 minutes marinating is fine, but aim for at least 30 minutes.
Carrot Bacon – Recipe
Prep Time- 30 minutes
Cook Time- 10-15 minutes
Total Time- 45 minutes
NOTE: soy sauce or tamari is fine in place of liquid aminos.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash and peel skin off of carrots.
- Use the potato peeler to make flat, even strips. This will be the “bacon”
- Mix all ingredients together, and add in the carrot strips. Marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Line your carrot strips on a baking sheet. I put mine on top of a cooling rack so they wouldn’t steam cook. We really want that crunch!
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes and flip halfway through. Take out when they start forming waves. NOTE: they won’t look crispy yet but trust the process!
- These will harden more as they cool. Sprinkle with salt if you want them to dry out faster and become crispier.
Follow me for more, just like this!
If you liked this recipe and want more like it or have special requests, leave a comment below! Share this page or, Pin to your Pinterest account for later (: