These are truly the best homemade soft flour tortillas. These come out so chewy and pliable which makes folding them into a taco, so easy. This recipe makes 16 tortillas and only takes about 30 minutes. Plus, we had all the ingredients on hand and now I don’t think I’ll ever run to the store to buy tortillas again!
Just a few common household ingredients like tomato, red onion, lime, and not pictured is cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
If you’re using cherry tomatoes as I did, slice them into fourths. I like slicing them longways. Mainly for the aesthetics of it lol. If you’re using any other regular tomato, go ahead and dice them up.
Slice and dice your red onion and add them to the tomatoes. I like extra onion in mine!
Next, add the zest of one whole lime directly over the bowl. Slice the lime in half and squeeze half a lime worth of juice.
Mix and add in some chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste. You can also opt for jalapeño in this recipe! I had some Corn Salsa with this meal that already had jalapeños in it, so I wanted to keep this pico de gallo recipe a bit mild.
Let me know what you think in the comments below, or what you want to see next!
As always, please comment, share, and subscribe! So I can keep creating fun and valuable content just like this!
shop this post
pico de gallo – Recipe
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Cook Time- 0 minutes
Total Time- 10 minutes
- Heat up water to just under a boil.
- Measure flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to bowl and mix.
- Add in oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour hot water and mix with a spoon. When you can tolerate the temperature, begin folding the dough with your hands.
- Once the dough is mixed, shape it into a ball.
- Dust your working surface with flour and place the dough ball on top. Divide into 15 sections.
- Take each section and roll them into little balls.
- Place on a sheet and cover them to rest for 15 minutes.
- Flour your surface area again and roll each ball out into a thin (not see-through) thickness.
- Heat your pan to medium heat and add a little cooking oil.
- Place the tortilla shaped dough on your pan and allow it to cook for about 60 seconds. You will see bubbles form on the surface.
- Flip it over and cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat and stack them up once they’re done. Serve while warm!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you*