The silk life
If you haven’t already hopped on the silk bandwagon, I’m going to give you 7 beauty benefits of silk pillowcases and the reasons why you need to switch STAT.
Your pillowcase is one of the few things that contacts your skin for long periods of time, so choosing one wisely will likely lead to positive hair and skin results. Silk pillowcases have been recommended by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and skin experts to increase skin hydration, prevent wrinkles, and relieve many skin conditions due to their hypoallergenic qualities. After typing all that, this sounds like an ad! This post is 100% not sponsored and all opinions are my own and based on personal experience.
However, the only downside to switching your pillowcases out, is that it can be pricey! And if you’re like us, and have four sleeping pillows on the bed, replacing 4 cases adds up! Well fear not, I have a budget-friendly alternative for you. You already know I got my pillowcases on amazon! What was life before amazon???
Get These Silk Products
Shown above, are the items I have. I got the 19mm since it is silk and still budget-friendly! But just so you know, the higher MM you choose (20 or 25) the higher the quality (and price)!
The silk sheet set is so cooling and luxurious feeling, literally, nothing feels better than slipping into a silk burrito for bedtime.
PRO TIP: When making your bed with the silk sheets, lay the flat sheet on, shiny side down. That way, when you are under the sheets, the silky fabric is on your skin giving you all the silky benefits.
Reasons To switch To Silk
1. Hypoallergenic – The number one reason why I switched to silk is that it is hypoallergenic. No matter how clean you keep your home, dust and allergens are inevitable. And silk, as well as satin, keeps your sleep surface clear of allergens, dust mites, and mold. AKA skin irritants that can cause breakouts.
2. Fewer Breakouts – Because of reason number one, reason number two speaks for itself. Adding a silk pillowcase into your nightly routine is very literally the final step to your skincare regimen. Did you know that cotton pillowcases can absorb some of your face products? Resulting in wasting precious products! Not to mention that you’re probably a normal human and don’t wash your pillowcase each and every day, so nights and nights of your pillow absorbing your products and your clean face sleeping on it….gross.
skin and hair health
3. Skincare Absorption – Unlike reason number two, silk will actually aid in your skin absorbing your face products better! It is less absorbent than cotton and helps retain moisture. So your face creams will be much more beneficial with silk pillowcases!
4. Extends Hairstyle – If you know, I’ve been using my Hair Dryer Brush and nothing has extended my blowouts better than sleeping on silk. Silk reduces friction while you sleep, resulting in less frizz and tangled hair upon waking. View my Revlon One-Step Dryer Review here!
5. Prevents Split Ends – If none of these reasons has convinced you yet, let me elaborate. I converted to silk in January 2019 and was regularly getting a hair cut every 3 months to grow out my hair. Each time I went in, my hairdresser started to say that there’s not much to take off anymore! I was shocked! With less friction, the hair will have less breakage and split ends due to the smoothness of silk pillowcases.
6. Keeps You Cool – Nothing is more uncomfortable than waking up in the middle of the night because of how hot you are. Silk is naturally cooling and breathable. PRO TIP: I like to sleep with another silk pillow between my legs. Also, if you like sleeping cold yet bundled up, I highly suggest getting yourself a ChiliPad! It uses hydro technology to regulate a custom temperature that you sleep best at. So worth it!
7. So Luxurious – Crawling into a bed of silk is so lux feeling. It’s like your sleeping experience is 10x just because of it. PRO TIP: When traveling, pack just a pillowcase with you so you can put it on over a hotel pillowcase, or wherever you are staying. They are super easy to travel with!
Thanks for reading! Follow me for more, just like this!
Don’t have time to read everything? Subscribe to me on YouTube above for a more visual learning experience!
If you liked this recipe and want more like it or have special requests, leave a comment below! Share this page or, Pin to your Pinterest account for later (: